Author Topic: A Brief Introduction  (Read 4996 times)

ZookeeperGeorgia

• View Profile
A Brief Introduction
« on: September 02, 2009, 03:27:50 pm »
Hello Everyone!  

This is a new area of the forum dedicated to the discussion of using Galaxy Zoo in a variety of educational settings--classrooms, nature centers, museums, scout gatherings, the kitchen table  :D , etc. Most of the boards are organized according to the age of the learner, but almost all these ideas and activities are adaptable to many levels of skill and knowledge, so don't let the age level limit your browsing! Feel free to discuss and share activities and any tips on making Galaxy Zoo a success in the classroom--formal or informal. And if you try some of the activities, we'd love to have the benefit of your experience! Let us know how it goes!

Enjoy!
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:23:17 am by Georgia »

Rod_Guice

• Proud to be from the Milky Way!
    • View Profile
Re: A Brief Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:56:31 pm »
Hello Georgia,

I would like to respectfully ask a couple of questions (please excuse me if this is not the correct location for this kind of thing):

1)  I am proud of my small contribution to Galaxy Zoo and would like to own a copy of the Galaxy Zoo Poster, containing the names of the Zooites who contributed to Zoo1 and 2.  I'd actually be willing pay real $$ for it!!  Do you know if they're available for purchase and if so, where to find them?
2)  When my grand kids ask me, "Where's your name on the poster?", I would like to be able to say, "Here it is!", however I can't find my name- the order of names appears to be random.  Can you tell me if there is a rhyme or reason to order of names?

Thank you very much for your time!  I hope this message finds you in good health and spirit!  Fair winds to you & yours!

Rod Guice