Author Topic: Creative ideas  (Read 4414 times)

echo-lily-mai

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
Creative ideas
« on: September 15, 2009, 09:25:02 am »
Creative ideas

These are really wonderful space displays. Fantastic!  :o
http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/gallery/space/

;D There are some great pintables too – topic – space. here and here.

Here are some links to other fun things

;D Space themed printable bubble letters

;D Solar system colouring pages

;D 3D space scene

Enjoy  :)

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

ZookeeperGeorgia

• View Profile
Re: Creative ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:22:34 pm »
Thanks so much for posting these links!!  I love the space bubble letters!

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that adults like to do coloring pages, too!! ;)  Especially if you buy yourself that huge new box of crayons... ;D

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:29:07 pm »
This looks awesome! 8) ;D

And I do like to (let 'my' kids) draw. I don't do 'coloring pages' though, if they are what I think they are. There are better ways to stimulate your fine motor skills. ;) :)

echo-lily-mai

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:16 pm »
Yes i agree, Even though the concept of colouring in is understood and very much enjoyed i think you’ll find even on pintables children tend to add bits to them and draw all round the edges and make them their own! I love that.  ;D  :D

I’ve also found that my children enjoy being able to choose images from a computer and are fascinated how they can then be printed off, and then how their creations can be viewed on screen, i guess they are learning something from that too?  ::) 

I found this link interesting (different age group though)

It will be lovely to see all your childrens drawings – maybe over in the little zoo gallery?  :)

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:31:14 am »
Yes i agree, Even though the concept of colouring in is understood and very much enjoyed i think you’ll find even on pintables children tend to add bits to them and draw all round the edges and make them their own! I love that.  ;D  :D

Yeah, I did mean 'colouring in' and I think what your children do is proving the point I learned on my uni.. kids can do better. ;D ;) (We were not allowed to use 'colouring in' prints, as it doesn't stimulate them to be creative.) What you also could do is take a black marker and draw a random line on a white paper (not a straight line) and let them make something of it. :) But if they enjoy the printables at home, let them have fun with it I'd say!

I’ve also found that my children enjoy being able to choose images from a computer and are fascinated how they can then be printed off, and then how their creations can be viewed on screen, i guess they are learning something from that too?  ::) 

Yep. :)

I found this link interesting (different age group though)

It will be lovely to see all your childrens drawings – maybe over in the little zoo gallery?  :)

The link is not working for me (at the moment?).. :(

But I'll have a look through my school pictures and see what (astronomical related) arts I find. :D

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:33:25 am »
Oh I can now read the article!

And she does have a few good points. However, I don't understand why she suddenly starts talking about 'coloring in prints' (point 8 and 9), while in a lot of ways they are different from the rest she is saying (point 1, self expression, on blank paper!) I would love to see some scietific evidence of those two points, as I don't believe a word of it! :D (<- maybe you shouldn't have got me started.. ;D ;))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:40:06 am by Hanny »

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:22:57 am »

I've posted some here. ;)