Author Topic: Technical Support on Merger Zoo  (Read 11639 times)

echo-lily-mai

• View Profile
Re: Technical Support on Merger Zoo
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »
Hi welcome lucy.n.the.sky  :)

It's fine to allow it access. It's real. I'm not sure why it's not loading? Even though I have other issues it still loads for me.
I contacted a member of the team the other day to say that I was having problems but haven't heard anything back yet. I may try again.

Watch this space hopefully some help will arrive. Glad you like Mergers and the Zoo.  :)

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

zutopian

• Peace!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:21 am »
I checked the page "My Mergers":
In "Merge Galaxies" there is given:
Merger count: 0
Favourites: "empty"

I did simulations and saved some in "Favourites". I wonder, why they are not listed? Were my simulations not saved?   
PS: ATTENTION!: THIS FORUM IS CLOSED!!! It was closed on July 09, 2014.

echo-lily-mai

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 11:31:40 am »
The other day I had something similar happen. They came back when I logged in again.  :-\

I believe there is an auto save after a certain period of time so results don't get lost (the auto save doesn't save to favourites though)

I'll drop a line to the team just to make sure everything is ok. Please post here if there are any other problems.

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

zookeeperChris

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2011, 09:32:05 am »
Hi

Sorry for the problems; I'll pass this on to the technical team and let you know what they say.

The good news is that the results of the mergers project are looking very good; we had a catch up call with John Wallin who is leading it (he's Anthony's supervisor) and they have results that look excellent for more than 50 galaxies. We'll be writing them up early in the new year. One thing that surprised me is the sheer number of background merger simulations run - more than 5 million, if I remember correctly, which is orders of magnitude larger than previous efforts.

More soon,

Chris

zutopian

• Peace!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2011, 10:38:06 am »
I checked the page "My Mergers":
In "Merge Galaxies" there is given:
Merger count: 0
Favourites: "empty"

I did simulations and saved some in "Favourites". I wonder, why they are not listed? Were my simulations not saved?

I am confused:
I had simulated the "Violin Clef" and had saved favourites.
Yesterday I simulated another merger. There was a message like "If you want your results to be saved, go to the tutorial".
My "Merger Wars" classifications (yesterday and before) are listed, but the simulations are not.

zutopian

• Peace!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:25 am »
The other day I had something similar happen. They came back when I logged in again.  :-\

I believe there is an auto save after a certain period of time so results don't get lost (the auto save doesn't save to favourites though)

I'll drop a line to the team just to make sure everything is ok. Please post here if there are any other problems.

Thank you. Please be informed, that I received a PM by a Team Member. We discuss about the problem concerning my account.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:34:01 am by zutopian »

zutopian

• Peace!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2012, 09:45:48 am »
Today I checked the updated "My Mergers":
Merger count:2    (So now it works fine!)
Favourites is still empty!  ??? (As far as I remember, I had saved favourites. Where were "Favourites" selected?)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:29:10 am by zutopian »