Author Topic: Another newby...  (Read 2633 times)

Frin63

• View Profile
Another newby...
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »
Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and let you know I've joined the quest... I had planned to do so a long time ago but you know how these things go.... Anyway I've been clicking away on quite a few pics today. I actually have an astronomy degree that I earned about twenty years ago so I guess I have some headstart in recognising what's what, but sometimes it's still a challenge (but of course that's the greatest part of the fun).
I'm glad I can be any help to the research in this way, it also triggers some thoughts on galactic evolution, but I doubt that they will lead to something  ;D
I'm also interested in the educational aspects; I sometimes help with projects for a lower grade school in The Netherlands.

Oh yeah: I'm 47 years old and I live in The Hague. Nice detail: Some twenty years ago I was actually working for a zoo (it's hosting the Amsterdam Planetarium).

ElisabethB

• View Profile
Re: Another newby...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:23:38 pm »
Hi Frin63
Welcome to the Zoo and happy hunting !
Lots of fun to be had here !   :D

mitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »
Hi Frin63

Welcome from me too...
I'm afraid it gets addictive  :D ;D

AlexandredOr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:35:31 am »
Welcome to the Zoo !
But... where is The Hague ??

Baby star opening its eyes on the Universe.

Frin63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »
Welcome to the Zoo !

It's in The Netherlands, some 50 kilometers or so SW of Amsterdam and nicely situated at the edge of the North Sea. It must also be one of the best-lit places in the world, since it's pretty hard to find any spot nearby that has a limiting magnitude other than 3.0 to 3.5....  :'(

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
 :D :D Welcome to the zoo!

AlexandredOr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:22 am »
Welcome to the Zoo !

It's in The Netherlands, some 50 kilometers or so SW of Amsterdam and nicely situated at the edge of the North Sea. It must also be one of the best-lit places in the world, since it's pretty hard to find any spot nearby that has a limiting magnitude other than 3.0 to 3.5....  :'(

... I'm thinking that you are very optimist... I'd say 1, or even 1.5 for the visible magnitudes... I may be pessimist on the other hand..  ;D

Baby star opening its eyes on the Universe.