Author Topic: Galaxyzoo and SIF  (Read 2249 times)

carloartemi

• View Profile
Galaxyzoo and SIF
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
I am Carlo Artemi , I am a  zooty since  two years and I have classified almost 7000 galaxies  among Galaxyzoo 1 , 2 and Hubble .I have already presented a communication on galaxyzoo project ant its scientific results at annual meeting of Italian Physics Society ( SIF ) last year . Now , looking at these galaxies I classified , and reading  many  post of Galaxyzoo Forum  I became convinced  Hubble sequence , so as it has been adopted by astrophysics until now , is wrong or at least it has to be corrected when far Universe is observed and then this year. I have presented again a communication in the same conferences on Galaxyzoo and Hubble sequence . Abstract of this communication ( in Italian ) can be read at http://atticon.sif.it writing “ Galaxyzoo “ in space near  word  “ ricerca “ . Because of communications at this conference are only oral I am thinking to write a short letter for some journal.

zookeeperKevin

• Galaxy Zoo Keeper
  • Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxyzoo and SIF
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:11:29 pm »
Could you translate your abstract into English? I'd love to read it. And if you either get a video of your presentation, or decide to publish it, you should definitely let us know!

Eric F. Diaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:58:53 am »
Could you translate your abstract into English? I'd love to read it. And if you either get a video of your presentation, or decide to publish it, you should definitely let us know!

I see what you mean, zookeeperKevin. I'm afraid my Italian is a little bit too rusty for me to translate. So, I too, would appreciate a copy in English. I'm very interested in reading the abstract.  Thank you. :)

Eric
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:06:49 am by Eric F. Diaz »
Eric's Journal

Caelum videre iussit et erectos ad sidera tollere vultus.
"He bid them look at the sky and lift their faces to the stars."

--Ovid, Metamorphoses 1. 85-86

Bruno

• OotD posters
  • Alta in caelo splendet luna micant stellae mille et una
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:39:57 am »
Welcome to the zoo Carlo  :)

Hubble sequence: the need for a review?
Artemi C.

Abstract

After mentioning features and results of GalaxyZoo project we will illustrate a possible  remarkable outcome of the third phase of this project relative to the study of high redshift galaxies observed by the Hubble Space Telescope. The morphological classification known as the Hubble sequence may not be valid for the redshift range studied. The profound implications of this on models that explain the morphology of galaxies and the evolution of the universe are presented together with possible adjustments to the GalaxyZoo operating method to other branches of physics research.
This was Google with small changes.... ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:43:04 am by Bruno »
Ciao
Bruno

Cadunt lilia, surgunt rosae
Stellae in caelo sunt radiosae

Half65

• "Eagle Nebula"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:52 pm »
A great work Carlo Artemi
In bocca al lupo.

carloartemi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:34:26 am »
Thank you very much bruno for your translation  because my Enghlish is not very good . Great work ? The only  great work is work every zooties are doing every day

Eric F. Diaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:08 pm »
Thanks, Bruno for translating. Thanks, Carlo for posting. :)

Ciao,
Eric
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:11:44 pm by Eric F. Diaz »
Eric's Journal

Caelum videre iussit et erectos ad sidera tollere vultus.
"He bid them look at the sky and lift their faces to the stars."

--Ovid, Metamorphoses 1. 85-86