Author Topic: Unknown Registration  (Read 1613 times)

deleted_300511

• View Profile
Unknown Registration
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:56:44 pm »
So I received an e-mail today from this site.  I never remember signing up for anything associated with it recently (might have done something for an astronomy class though that was quite some years ago) and am curious as to why I'm suddenly getting e-mails from here.  After doing some digging (resetting password, username, etc.) I was able to log into the forums.  Is there a way to see past activity, recent activity, when this account was registered, etc? 

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Registration
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:05:56 am »
Very peculiar - could it have been a different project you registered for maybe? (Old Weather, the Milky Way.....) Just a thought - I don't know if that would lead to you receiving zoo e-mails or not. You can go into www.galaxyzoo.org and log in, check your profile, see if you classified any galaxies, and it'll tell you when you last classified any.

Welcome aboard anyway - I hope you decide you like it here :)

deleted_300511

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 03:44:40 pm »
You haven't classified any galaxies yet!

As I mentioned in the OP, I had an astronomy class years ago so (I can't remember what that had to do with anything online though) which would be the only thing I could think of that would have any relation with something having "galaxy" in the name. 

Thank you for the welcome, but (with all do respect) I have no interest in this site or anything with which it is associated.  I merely came here for information.  Specifically, I'm looking for information as to when this account (not forum account, unless they're linked) was created or has had any activity other than what I've done with it in the last few days.  I'd like to know the IP that created this as well, however I don't have high hopes of that.  If there is someone that I can get into contact with that would have knowledge should any of this be possible please let me know. 

Arfon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:56:47 pm »
Hi there, I've just replied to you via PM.

Cheers
Arfon