Author Topic: Suggestions for the merger zoo  (Read 755 times)

Ally Taggart

• View Profile
Suggestions for the merger zoo
« on: July 06, 2011, 07:55:28 pm »
Hi fellow zooites

I had taken part in one of the earlier Hubble projects and recently found my way back. I had no idea I was missing so much, sooo many projects to choose from! I have narrowed it down (mean time) to Mergers, Milkyway and the improved Hubble site which is just great! Always amazing and more indepth than the original zoonivese site I remember!

At the moment Galaxy Mergers is my obsession! :D

Anyway the reason Im on this forum is to make a couple suggestions for the Galaxy Mergers simulator.

It would be great if you could have a slider to rewind and fast forward the animations whilst evaluating galaxy's. The reason for this would be so you can select a point in time during the animation that resembles the target best. Sometimes the freeze frame the software uses is not the point in time I would chosen given the choice!

If you click and hold your sim you can change the position off witch your viewing the event from. (camera angle if you like) although this option is available, every time I save a sim which I have done this for the software resorts back to the original viewpoint.

I can see all the good work and effort that has gone into this project.
Thanks to all involved for their time and for the opportunity to get involved myself.

Keep up the good work

Ally

echo-lily-mai

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for the merger zoo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:02 pm »
Hi Ally. It's great to hear from you  ;D  Welcome to the GZ forum.   

Yes the zoo is growing with some really awesome projects. My faves are Mergers, Planet Hunters and a very addictive Ice Hunting project. It's great you love Mergers so much  8)

There's a thread that you may find interesting, it's about viewing the angle of the galaxy sims. I'm not sure this really answers your question, but you may find it of interest? http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=277228.msg433109#msg433109

Thanks for posting, enjoy merging  :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:47:29 pm by echo-lily-mai »

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

Ally Taggart

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for the merger zoo
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »
Hay echo-lily-mai

Thanks for the info, I found the link extemely useful. ;)
The way I understand it now, is that the final resting positions of the galaxys and the rotation angle are preset to best match that of the target image, rendering both my suggestions useless and a bit naive!

Never mind Im learning and the zoo is always teaching me ::)

Thanks again
Happy merging and hunting ;D

Ally