Author Topic: Can't edit my forum profile  (Read 1579 times)

HansOlo

• Hello, I am conducting an online crowdsourcing game experiment about the surface of Mars. Photographs taken by the MRO (Mars Reconnaicance Orbiter)
    • View Profile
Can't edit my forum profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:19:56 am »
Dear all,

As you can see the text next to my picture is quite outdated. I want to edit this, but if I click anything like edit settings, forum profile etc I get directed to https://www.zooniverse.org/account/settings where I can't edit my forum profile. Any help would be great!

Best regards,

Hans

Rick Nowell

• Bristol, U.K.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't edit my forum profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:19:39 am »
Have you tried uploading a picture using the avatar section? Profileing is a lot fussier these times
because many 'attracted' spam.
https://www.zooniverse.org/account/avatar

HansOlo

• Hello, I am conducting an online crowdsourcing game experiment about the surface of Mars. Photographs taken by the MRO (Mars Reconnaicance Orbiter)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »
Thank you Rick,

The editing of the avatar works fine. It is about editing the text which I see below my avatar on the forum and the text I see below my messages. These texts can also be viewed if I click Profile > summary. I can view it, but not edit it.

Hans

Rick Nowell

• Bristol, U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:15 pm »
I don't think you can edit that now. Mine got edited by the-powers-that-be as it contained a link
to a WikiPEAdia article, without any notice. I guess they are cautious these days. You could
message Arfon (technical head) and see what happens.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea_galaxy

HansOlo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:55:32 pm »
Ah well that explains a lot :). It is not a big deal though, my profilie is showing outdated information. I will see I contact the technical head then as soon as I find the time. Cheers,  Hans

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 02:09:38 pm »
Welcome to the zoo HansOlo, and hi Rick, good to see you again ;D I dropped Arfon a line asking him to relax the restrictions on our profiles, since - touch galaxies - the spammer flood has dried up a little. He's just moved to Chicago though so I don't know how soon he will be able to address this!

Ajit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39:24 pm »
I have a similar problem. I want to update my personal text. But can't edit the profile. (That section)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:49:38 am »
Welcome aboard Aj ;D ;D ;D

That's bizarre. Last time I checked, it was possible. But I just checked again and found I can't seem to do it either :-\

I will ask Arfon again, but not until Astrofest is over! Sorry!