Author Topic: Archive of Classified and Pre-Classified Galaxies?  (Read 759 times)

myaramaz

• View Profile
Archive of Classified and Pre-Classified Galaxies?
« on: November 07, 2011, 12:32:11 pm »
Hello.

I would like to know if there is an archive of both classified and pre-classified galaxies?

If such a thing exists, could somebody kindly point me towards it?

Many thanks!

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Archive of Classified and Pre-Classified Galaxies?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:34:13 pm »
Welcome to the zoo! :)

I think what you're looking for is here: http://data.galaxyzoo.org/ ;D

myaramaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »
Thank you, this is very useful - with regards to the unclassified images, however, I assume that they are only available via the images that appear on the website awaiting classification?

Further to that question, I  would like to know if all of the images which still appear via the first Galaxy Zoo project (http://zoo1.galaxyzoo.org/GalaxyAnalysis.aspx) are all unclassified or classified images of galaxies?

Thank you so much!

waveney

• Irregular Galaxy Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:05 pm »
Data has been carefully managed:  The Zoo 1 amortized results are available as tables in SDSS DR8, and in a less tidy fashion in DR7 to those who asked (I think there are three of us).   The unprocessed results are kept secure and hidden.   For the Mergers, Peas and Voorwerpje Searches I have the unprocessed data hidden with no intention of publishing individual results*, the amortized results however are there in the Mergers, Peas and Voorwerpje papers.

The Zoo 2 data is not publically available yet, and wont be until after it has all been processed and analysed, but I believe in time the processed results are likely to be publicised.  Likewise hubble and other searches.   If data was publicised before all the clicks had been recieved it would introduce bias and could invalidate the results.

Zoo1 is complete as far as I know, no clicks will affect anything (likewise Mergers, Peas and Voorwerpje).

* Though I will use one very very tiny bit of that data in tomorrows OOTD   ;)
Join the Irregular Classifiers
We all help at the cutting edge of ignorance.