Author Topic: What good does "REPORT" do, in GZ4 Talk?  (Read 8219 times)

JohnF

• (Software Engineer, MBCS, MIET, FRAS, FBIS)
    • View Profile
Re: What good does "REPORT" do, in GZ4 Talk?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:56:24 pm »
It is time to have a Talk-Master, I mean a moderator for Talk. Well, I don't apply for that job! Is there anyone, who would like to?
It was said, that the forum moderators will become also Talk moderators, after having a training how to moderate Talk.

I did say something along those lines months ago - currently, probably a full time job!
John C. Fairweather - http://www.jcfwebsite.co.uk

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »
My post was quoted immediately! Meanwhile I deleted it. I wanted to post a modified one. Anyway. I often edit or delete my posts. So please wait a while before commenting a new post by me! :)

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »
It would be fine, if one of the Talk moderators would speak also Spanish and Italian. There are some posts in those languages. Recently, I replied by using google translate. Another user replied in Italian.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:03:47 pm by zutopian »

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:13 pm »
I would like to mention, that the content of my warning messages in Talk, is the idea of Brooke. Today she posted in this topic following.:

In the future it may also be helpful to note that the location they're posting from is tracked, so the science team may contact their school if they behave inappropriately.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:06:01 pm by zutopian »

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 11:12:42 pm »
I found a further new inappropriate comment by another user in another Talk discussion. I reported it, but didn't post there a comment, because they are no longer online.

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 11:18:13 pm »
I think, that the one, who is currently doing the "moderator job" in Talk is mainly ElisabethB .The most posts are replied by her.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:00:54 am by zutopian »

JohnF

• (Software Engineer, MBCS, MIET, FRAS, FBIS)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »
I found a further new inappropriate comment by another user in another Talk discussion. I reported it, but didn't post there a comment, because they are no longer online.

I'm always reminded of the years-ago exhibition in the London Science Museum, that displayed the words you typed - people like seeing their words in print  Someone wrote some software, that deleted all the naughty words, before they could be displayed.  However, one day there was a glitch and the demostrator found that the entire index of naughty words were displayed.
John C. Fairweather - http://www.jcfwebsite.co.uk

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
I noticed, that one of the new inappropriate comments, which I reported today, disappeared. Since the other new reported comments are still there, I guess, that it wasn't deleted by a science team member. So I guess, that the person read the warning message and therefore deleted his comment.
I wonder, what happens, when a reported comment, was deleted by the user ? Can the science team still see that post in the report list ? Could the science team please check? Maybe you could test it.: Someone could do a test post ("this is a test"), someone else could report it and then the one, who did that post, should delete it. If the science team needs volunteers to take part in such a test, I would. Well, I don't know, if such a test is of any interest?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:34:19 am by zutopian »

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »
Today I edited my warning message in the chat board of Talk. I added, why I posted that message.:
"At the time, when I posted above message, a group of school kids, who posted abusive comments, was online."
I wrote that to avoid misunderstanding.: Well, kind school kids, who read the warning message, might have the impression, that they are not welcome.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:12:52 pm by zutopian »

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:48 pm »
In the new version of Talk, you can report a post or report a user

While you were posting, I deleted my post. I had asked, if there is also a report button in the new version of Talk? (e.g. Serengeti Snapshot)