Author Topic: My Passion  (Read 1523 times)

Atominator

• View Profile
My Passion
« on: February 02, 2013, 03:11:44 am »
What got me into astronomy was when my family took a trip to Las Vegas and on the way we stopped at a rest area at night in the mountains and I had never seen the milky way like I did that night. When I was looking up at it I got the most intense feeling and still to this day I cant describe it. It consumed me and I stayed awake for the whole night moving from side to side in the car waiting for a chance to get a look at the milky way again. When I would look at it I couldn't help to think that there was so much more out there just waiting for me to discover. I also love knowing that there are galaxy's that are billions of light years away and even though you know that, you still cant even grasp the unimaginable distances of space. Learning about astronomy is always so humbling for me because you learn things that can make you feel so small. Astronomy for me is a way to get away from all the stress and even if I just want to have fun. I love learning new things in astronomy, its all so fascinating to me and it makes you really think about the things that you have learned. I love looking at pictures of globular clusters, nebula and galaxy's and wondering whats out there and if there might be someone or something looking back. That's one of the reasons why I LOVE this website so much, there's an amazing opportunity to learn about how galaxy's form and how they interact along with a handful of other projects. I also love that there is an entire community of people that have the same devotion as I do who I can ask questions and give feedback to, its like facebook for astronomers and its awesome. I believe that this web site is revolutionary in the study of astronomy and its also super addictive. I log on and I cant get off, I absolutely love it. So thanks to all the people who made this web site possible its had quite and effect on me and my knowledge of the science.

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My Passion
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:33:48 am »
Welcome aboard Atominator! There is nothing like finding the thing you love, I hope you enjoy it here :)