Author Topic: "to the stars"  (Read 2390 times)

system322

• View Profile
"to the stars"
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »
Yup, hello in there...

Well were I will start...

Since I was 14 years old I had the strange feeling that the sky, the endless empty space filled with tiny dots of light, kept some secrets that went beyond what I could imagine.

It was a night, the first time to witness a meteor crashing down on the breathtaking horizon the strange forces that made that object produce those impressive flashes crossed through our heads.

Do not take long to wonder, for he had come, or who had been part before separating and falling on the ground. Thus, during my stage in high school I started studying (by myself because in those times not offered a course of instruction in astronomy) the reasons, forces, and endless developments that astronomers have contributed to science and understanding of the universe.

But it was not until 1999 when I saw "Assignment Discovery" the Hubble space telescope, something that seemed impossible was a reality. For the first time ever I could see galaxies beyond the reach of our telescopes here on earth. Further increasing my thirst to know why they are there, how they formed, and mainly that these formations hidden mysteries of dust and gases.

At 17 years old, I already had in mind to follow my career, I wanted to be an astronomer, not to contribute to science but to understand even more about the universe. In those years I wanted to know all the truths, how we got here, that the future holds, but I must confess that I had an extraordinary desire to know whether there were other humans out there, beyond our reach, looking at the stars, wondering if other spices as they would exist somewhere in the cosmos.

Since those times, so far, these questions, that desire to see beyond our comprehension monotony of things, has led me to continue my personal vision, see beyond what we here on earth do not transcend but acquiring knowledge.

We as the dominant species on this planet, as beings who have acquired the tools to evolve so as to self-destruct, we must understand that our survival target is not limited to the existence on a single planet, and its preservation. All planetes are destined to die, all galaxies collide someday, so as we all die someday. It is the inevitable fate bases generated chaos, therefore, I believe that if we really want to do something with our lives, something that really helps future generations, is to find our new home.

I (personally) that it is time for humanity to leave her crib and leave to find their place in the universe. If all the world's resources are directed to one purpose, if not sub divide into war machine, we could envision the possibility that our descendants achieve answer questions ourselves ever could.

And raise the evolutionary ladder to the stars, something that so far is only a dream suppressed by the reality of being an inhabitant of planet earth.

This is what I have thought since I started in astronomy, and is what will carry with me every step of my journey, do not dream of doing something of value, only dream of reaching the cosmo glimpse of a way that I can (with my limited conosimientos) understand and analyze.

This is what brought me to this site, because information that many have made here, is pure gold, "bullion knowledge" if you want to say.

Not that much can I contribute, but if that will always be there, and analziando appreciating the contributions that you make to the study of space.

That said, I express my sincere gratitude to all those people who have made every effort to get closer to the compression of the universe. The possibilities and risks not infinite, but they have done that we can envision a future out there.

I thank you also to all of you, to the original authors of Galazi Zoo, one of the best ideas that have emerged throughout history, the ability to bring the average person, is to teach and provide the support and tools so they can learn things that are beyond their means.

I know my English sucks. Makes way too long since I've written in this language, is the first time in two or three years. I did my best. In any case, I offer my apologies if I said something that is not understood. But understand, I am Uruguayan, my native language is Spanish and never studied English, I learned it by accident, but ... I guess it's like everything else ... you never know what else you can learn, or when.

Thank you for your attention.

astropolis

• Engineer and SF writer
    • View Profile
Re: "to the stars"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:34:52 pm »
Greetings, your sentiments are mine.
"A thousand generations and more looked up at a sky they didn't understand, and named the stars - never dreaming they were naming the suns that would burn in the skies of worlds their children would inherit. It's a humbling thought - it makes me wonder what else there is out there..."

elizconlaym

• View Profile
Re: "to the stars"
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:40:18 am »
I also felt the same way growing up. It's nice to know someone in the universe experienced the same fascination.