Author Topic: Galaxy Zoo app broken?  (Read 1141 times)

Magellan007

• View Profile
Galaxy Zoo app broken?
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »
Hi, all!  Veteran amateur astronomer, new to Galaxy Zoo.  I have been doing some classifying on the web site.  Also, have the iPhone app, but it keeps saying that my user name or password is invalid!   Yet, the same password and name work on the site.  Actually, I'm also getting an error message on the app about server issues and "I'll keep trying" before it balks.

I couldn't find the app on iTunes, so I was wondering if it's been discontinued...  That's a shame.  If it has, I wonder if there's some way to have the server tell the app----sorry, you need to go the web site or something!  I kept trying different ways of getting my name and password put in, figuring user error!

Is the entire project discontinued?  I think I may have read that somewhere, too! OK, several years too late I guess!

In any event, I wonder if amateur astronomers know too much or think they do to be good at this--or, maybe we'd be even more accurate having looked at galaxies for years.

ElisabethB

• View Profile
Re: Galaxy Zoo app broken?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:45 pm »
Hi Magellan007

I have no idea about the app. So, I can't help you with that.
But the project Galaxy Zoo is still going strong.

Here's the main site : http://www.galaxyzoo.org/

Happy hunting !  ;D

Edd

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Zoo app broken?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »
The app is discontinued - all classification is through the normal web interface now.
When I look up at the night sky and think about the billions of stars out there, I think to myself: I'm amazing. - Peter Serafinowicz