Author Topic: Moderating Service Notice  (Read 1739 times)

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
Moderating Service Notice
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:12 pm »
Hi guys,

Just to let you know: although still listed as a moderator, fluffyporcupine hasn't been on since 2012 and we haven't seen Alice for weeks either. With Infinity on a holiday next week, it's just me dealing with your reports. I will try and respond as quickly as I can, but it might be a tad later than you'd like it. I hope you'll understand. :)

Cheers,
Hanny.

Capella05

• View Profile
Re: Moderating Service Notice
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:57 pm »
If you get lonely you can always pop over to Talk and chat to me and Els  ;D

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »
If you get lonely you can always pop over to Talk and chat to me and Els  ;D

Thanks girls. Maybe I should get over myself and give that another try some day.. ;)

JeanTate

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »
How about inviting an GZ forum oldbie zooite or two to become a global mod? Perhaps one for each time zone ~±8 hours away from Europe?

graham d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 08:32:19 pm »
I raised this point a few years ago; the need for some element of democracy here on this forum, namely moderators need to be elected for a fixed term. Now as a messenger count me out. Jean has been a consistent regular supporter and contributor to this forum and shouldn't have to promote what has been obvious  for so long. She gets my vote. I suggest furthermore that everyone stands for re-election.

It would be a very sad time if Alice doesn't reappear. Hopefully, she is in good health. We have tremendous respect for her and her huge contributions.

zutopian

• REOPEN this forum!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:19 pm »
I think, that moderators, who are no longer active for a long time, should actually be replaced.: Maybe they are no longer interested or have no longer time.
Or maybe there should be additional moderators or guest moderators.
I would suggest Jules as a GZ forum moderator! As far as I know, she is moderator of other Zooniverse forums and Talks. I would like, that she is going to be also a GZ forum moderator!

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »
Thanks for your comments, but this topic is not meant for discussions on who should or shouldn't be a moderator (even though I understand and appreciate your responses!) It's Zookeeper Chris' project and if you have an idea, you should contact him. He decides, not you or me. I have e-mailed him about my message here, so he knows about it. Fact is though that it's been rather quiet on here for a while now and it's easily managable between Infinity and myself. I only posted the message to let you know I'll probably be the only one around this week, in case a reported message stays on a little longer than you're used to. I still check in several times a day, but I can't be near a computer every minute (as Inf usually can, since he's in an office). So I hope you'll understand why I'm closing this topic. Thanks.