Author Topic: Galaxyzooitis!  (Read 19336 times)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Galaxyzooitis!
« on: August 21, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »
Help, help, there is an epidemic afoot. Check out Page 7 of the Galactic Faces Thread in Weird and Wonderful, here, for the source of the outbreak.

The useful and bright-minded Dr Vanny has made some initial diagnoses.

Or am I just in serious need of medication for Galaxyzooitis?
Is there a Doctor onsite? ;)
Galaxyzoolitis was not known, only until recently. Unfortunately there is no medication yet.
The following may be indications of Galaxyzoolitis (to be sure seek Galaxedical advice!):
  - red eyes during daytime (has it happened someone asked if you were a vampire?)
  - shunning any form of light due to the above
  - overall and extreme tiredness
  - excessive caffeine consumption
  - falling asleep at work, predominantly during important meetings
  - extreme pain in your index finger
  - realityshift (do  not confuse with -> redshift)
       - looking at the sky wondering why you cannot see any large mergers, spirals and ellipticals with your naked eye
       - using binoculars and still wondering about the above
       - seeing faces everywhere (do not confuse with ->paranoia!)

So far it can be said that Galaxyzoolitis seems not to be a serious condition, but given the fact so little is known about, the above indications shall be taken with utmost caution. 
Seek immediate galaxedical advice if you observe any of the indications above with yourself.

Dr. Vanny  8)

I would like to add two further symptoms of mine: attempts to classify clouds when I'm not even near a computer, and a tendency to stir the best possible spirals into cappuccino foam.

I am not convinced that the condition is not serious. I doubt that it is treatable, though; but perhaps that is a good thing as it really is an extremely enjoyable condition a lot of the time.

Further observations? We need to learn all we can about this strange new disease, and make sure we're the first to publish a paper.  :D :D :D

silverose

• Destiny, the fairy foal.
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxyzooitis!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 01:33:36 am »
At the mention of galaxy snacks ;D, imaging spiral galaxy fruit roll-ups  ;D (Btw, click the first grin. (Theres a hidden surprise inside!)

Edit: I deleted the glow color information. If you want to see it , click
 >>>>'The Most Frequently Asked Questions' <<<<
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:22:11 pm by silverose »
The possiblites never end: the universe, the imagination, the mind.

daitha

• Welcome to new members of today
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:42:16 am »
Another symptom or indication is that he talks only of Galaxies, Nebulae, Philosophy to whomsoever he talks and exclaims to the new or astonishing objects
Lord Krishna Said: Some behold me with exclamation, Some express profoundly and some keep silence. The Universe is silent and it goes on its way

Vanny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:44:49 pm »
Thanks to Alice for making it a cafe topic, as it definitely deserves a wider audience.
I always thought this condition is not too serious, until I saw that outcry for a doctor :o.

Not sure if I should define the reason being to not spread the disease to much, cause the infected really seem to have an interest in spreading it further.  ::)
This by the way is the danger of it. It may develop into some world wide galaxofluenza, maybe even more serious than a birds-flue.  :-\
(believe me, there is no sarcasm in here, definitely not, whatsoever ;))

BTW, I happened to be in my bath tub one other day and saw this nice spiral towards the drain.
I tried to create more spirals with my fingers, to finally constructing a merger with this one .... unfortunately I failed  :o
But I learned to value the rareness of these extremely beautiful things by that  8)

Maybe someone knows a supplier of tubs with two or more drains?  ;D

Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.

Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:00:20 pm »
Doctor Doctor I see galaxies every time I close my eyes....

and when I blink I see another one....

am I hooked???
Haldane's Law: The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine

Vanny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 08:52:05 pm »
you are and so am I .... I even see galaxies on my keyboard now
  ~ @                  spirals
  ø                       edge on 
  *                       elliptical
 ° o O 0              Ring Galaxies
æ § % & € ŧ       mergers

8)

Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
You know, I even have a "rash".. in the form of a ring galaxy on my leg! really! it now is a bit yellow like, but the edge is still sort of blue... I got it just after my accident, when I fell with my bike... so I think it is a withdrawal symptom, 'cause I couldn't be here for a week with the concussion I had... and now I'm here again and it is slowly fading away ;D

So you don't want to quit! ;)

carwotcar

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:41:30 pm »
That is called a bruise, Please refer to the galaxy tutorial for definitions of galaxies, Or i could call the cut on my hand an irregular galaxy.

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »
duh, you really do need that alcohol I guess ::) ;)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 09:46:22 pm »
Galaxyzooitis is a condition in which things that are not galaxies become galaxies. Cuts, bruises, clouds, cappuccino and bath bubble foam. The little lights that float around the eyelids when you're trying to get to sleep. (Mine are always a nasty sort of yellow when it's light and purple and green when it's dark. Why can't they show some pretty colours like blue?) A serious case of Galaxyzooitis involves dissociation from the FAQ and the Tutorial regarding definitions, and a more all-encompassing invasion of galactic attachments and references into random everyday objects takes over.

carwotcar

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »
I've already had it and it's playing havoc with my head. My screen has turned into a spiral it's spinning.

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:48:41 pm »
so, what are you saying Alice, that I didn't have a rash, I was just imagining it??

lol... ;D

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:49:46 pm »
That your bruise (rash, whatever you call it . . . a rash is a pink, inflamed area, usually due to an insect bite or an allergy or something; a bruise is the blue/yellow painful smudge!) is a bruise to the outside world, and a galaxy to you.

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 09:50:40 pm »
sorry, this time I really was just joking... I really need to go to bed now ::)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 09:52:22 pm »
Nope, I think that's me  ;D :P :)