Author Topic: Most Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 36971 times)

Lovethetropics

• I hunt Irregular galaxies And Hyper-Velocity Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Most Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2009, 12:52:21 am »
Also see no galaxies listed under my galaxies after going through about 50. Maybe the system is overloaded by so many of us just joining after the zoo was high lighted on apod today.

Hello S Howard and welcome to the Zoo.  :D  I think you have to wait 24 hours or classify more than 100 to get "My Galaxies".  Guys?
Happy hunting!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:55:18 am by Lovethetropics »

*and find lots of asteroids  ;D

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2009, 09:37:59 am »
I don't think this is supposed to be the case; you do have to classify over 100 to get the Google tours. I think there's a time lag due to a lot of new people at the moment or some other thing. I'll find out :)

pat.s

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »
A probably infrequently-asked question! Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without posting in it? 
I had a look at the Notifications preferences in my Profile, but I thought those were for emailing you when there are replies, not in the "show new replies to my posts" or similar tool.

In any topic, there's a "Notify" button next to the "Reply" button.
Okay -- I must have inadvertently pressed the "Notify" button when reading a thread.  Now I am being bombarded with unwanted emails.  :o   I can not find anywhere that will PERMANENTLY turn off the notification option on the thread.   HELP!  I would really like that turned off.

Thanks, Pat.s

skylark42

• View Profile
Help with merger enhancement
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:42 pm »
With the merger enhancement tool, the appearance of the galaxy pair is extremely sensitive to the exact position of the cursor as you move it about in "speed", "depth", "mass". So when you're close to such a "node", things change hugely for a very tiny movement of the cursor. To get the best match, you need to be able to make much smaller changes than this. But my arrow keys don't seem to work. Is there a way around this?

echo-lily-mai

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2009, 02:54:24 pm »
Hi skylark42 Welcome to the Zoo  :)

Here is a link to the Zoo Mergers thread http://www.galaxyzooforum.org/index.php?topic=275679.0

I have posted my question there.

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee

Fezman92

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2010, 03:12:34 am »
I have a question. I have it set that I get notified of a reply to a topic but I don't get any thing telling me when there is a reply. Am I doing something wrong?

Dave

Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2010, 02:58:46 pm »
I have come across galaxy pictures to classify which I swear I have already classified before. I have only done about 270 so far. How many pictures are there to classify? Are pictures flagged so that you do not classify them again? Keep reclassifying the same pictures will surely bias the statistics? Or do I just think I have seen this picture before and need a break.

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2010, 11:55:30 pm »
I have come across galaxy pictures to classify which I swear I have already classified before. I have only done about 270 so far. How many pictures are there to classify? Are pictures flagged so that you do not classify them again? Keep reclassifying the same pictures will surely bias the statistics? Or do I just think I have seen this picture before and need a break.
;D ;D Welcome to the zoo.  best place to ask questions is here Hope that helps have fun here. :D

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2010, 12:29:37 am »

Hi Micro,

It's highly unlikely you'll get the same image more than once, though it is possible. You can check by going into My Galaxies and searching for the one you think you've seen before and seeing if they have the same reference number. As far as I know it's a random feed and there are many thousands of images!

I'm not sure if it's the same for Hubble Zoo - I expect it is - but in any case, it only takes notice of the first time you've classified an image. As for biasing the statistics, lots of people should classify each image, so don't worry too much about that! :)

Tephinha

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2012, 07:19:21 pm »
Hello everyone! I would know how to put the image of my name in galaxies in the signature. I already have the image hosted on Flickr. What was I still can not find where to put the signature. Could someone  tell me exactly which way I should go, step by step?

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
Hello everyone! I would know how to put the image of my name in galaxies in the signature. I already have the image hosted on Flickr. What was I still can not find where to put the signature. Could someone  tell me exactly which way I should go, step by step?
:) I do not think you can add a signature at this time. That feature is unplugged.

egalaxy

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
no signatures YET  ;) (i hope we get it soon though)

Tephinha

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2012, 02:26:52 am »
Thanks for the info. :-[