Author Topic: Most Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 37424 times)

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
Re: Most Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 02:11:30 pm »
I was in another topic about Z# and posted a picture of how it looks like, for people who don't know were to find it... Fluffy suggested I should post it here... so here it is ;)

Ps. If you can't see it, just like Alice and Edd :P, let me know, I can mail it too ;D

So, Q: were can I find the Z#?
A: on the SDSS page, under the picture, and it looks like this:

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 05:50:53 pm »
Btw, I have to get back on what I said before about the search button... I just tried to find something with it and got too a lot of topics with the word "by" this time, and without my word!  :-\

galaxybabe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 10:26:01 pm »
silverrose, how do you make your text sparkle with mixed colours?

Update by Alice: Answer here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:35:24 pm by Alice »

carwotcar

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 12:19:45 am »
I was on my laptop when the site had proplems and there i was swearing and clicking away like a demented idiot thinking it was the laptop, I now have about 30 don't know's. How do i go back to reclassify them.

galaxybabe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 06:43:18 am »
I was on my laptop when the site had problems and there i was swearing and clicking away like a demented idiot thinking it was the laptop, I now have about 30 don't know's. How do i go back to reclassify them.
You can't, as far as I know. Forget the ones you've done, they'll be reclassified by 19 others and a common classification will be applied.

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 08:05:30 am »
Okay I checked quikly and I think we need to post these questions over here as well:

Q: What happens after we're finifhed over here?
A: We don't know yet... do we ??

Q: Dear moderators, can you please make this topic sticky?
(I saw that a couple of times this morning)
A: Alice, would you do the honours of answering this? ;D

galaxybabe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 08:15:28 am »
How do you make a composite image of galaxies for your signature (Q to Hanny and Alice)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:12 am »
Hanny - Oh, what the heck, stickified. If our generous hosts object, I will unsticky it.

Hanny - I don't know what will happen after we've classified all 20 million, otherwise I'd hardly have written this! I'm not on the team; I'm just helping them out, and very gladly, too . . . They say they're working on something else we can do but no details released yet. I can sympathise. If it's still in the early stages they won't have time to answer our bombardments of questions and requests to sign up and things. They'll want to be ready for that and greet us nicely!  :)

Galaxybabe - It's something to do with PaintShopPro or similar; have you seen the Galactic Alphabet thread? I think you should go on it and offer your avatar as "pi" by the way . . . anyway, 'fraid I don't know precisely how to do it, this computer definitely wouldn't - Hanny made mine!  :D

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 04:08:50 pm »
Alice, those actually weren't questions of myself.. I just keep seeing them on different posts and since I just asked you about stickyfying (I know, not very good English huh :D) the pea topic and you explained to me why you didn't think you should, I thought maybe you should tell everybody here... :)

And about the other question, I already thought there wasn't an answer (yet), but again, I saw a few people asking it over here...  ;)

Anyway, Galaxybabe, I saw you already found the alphabet topic, if you're having problems putting them together, will you let me know? :)

Btw, Alice, good job on the stickyfying here :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:10:26 pm by Hanny »

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 04:13:59 pm »
Whoops, sorry Hanny.  ;D Let's say I used your name as a label.

galaxybabe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:21 pm »

Anyway, Galaxybabe, I saw you already found the alphabet topic, if you're having problems putting them together, will you let me know? :)

Yes, thank you  ;D although I am still looking for my letters, I could make my name out of yours & Alice's but I'd like mine to be unique  ;D

Hanny

• Global Moderator
  • "Voorwerp kid"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
Well, good luck with it then ;)

GES

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 08:45:19 pm »
Do you need donations to buy more servers?

Or is there some other problem going on with "The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object..."

A $, Pound, or Euro per user on a strictly voluntary basis would go a long way towards helping any hardware limitations you face...

Do you need a mirror site to host the data from SDDS?

I realize that some agencies face problems accepting money from outside sources, but I think you could set up a "feed the Zoo" charity site without conflict of interest if it is just a hardware/bandwidth/storage problem.

silverose

• Destiny, the fairy foal.
    • View Profile
Re: M FAQ
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 12:24:41 am »
And is the Universe a black hole?  :P ;)

Ner ner! (one of my sister and mine strange laughs at a corny joke, though, that wasn't very corny...)
As for sparkling
text, i think you are reffering to glow. there is a button, top row, 5th button from the left, its a green 'g'.
you hit it , you get this code:
[ g l o w = r e d , 2 , 3 0 0 ] [ / g l o w ] (but no spaces!)
to change the color, type in orange, yellow, limegreen, green, blue, teal, navy, purple, pink, black, beige, brown, or maroon in place of red. You can change the intensity of the glow by changing the number.

Im off topic:

Today my sister was trying to teach my dog how to 'play dead'. My pup just didn't quite get it. Sis asked me for a hand signal, to which i chose the 'gun' bang bang' signal. She went to get more treats, saying  "Sorry, I guess I'm just a little trigger happy" Neyr,nar ner! (I guess you just have to hear it to get it)

Now, don't be fooled, my dog is smart. She got into the garbage, so we put a child lock on it. The door beside it has no wall between it and the garbage, so she still got in the garbage. Child lock. Then she got into the bread drawer. More child locks. Then she gets into the pantry. No! A chair is in front of it. And yet we see garbage, bread wrappers, and the occasional Dole peaches container, not opened, spoon beside it, when we get home  ;D ;D ;D(I am dead serious, she actually got a spoon too, though i have no idea how)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:50:34 pm by silverose »
The possiblites never end: the universe, the imagination, the mind.

silverose

• Destiny, the fairy foal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 12:25:09 am »
Yes, nice stickifying Alice  ;D
The possiblites never end: the universe, the imagination, the mind.