Author Topic: About this board  (Read 60188 times)

Alice

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: About this board
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2009, 09:58:23 am »
Welcome to the zoo scallyscouser! :D

weezerd

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2009, 10:42:25 am »
Welcome scallyscouser. Are you from the 'pool?
Oh let me just a moment stay
where time is not and angels play the paeans of the galaxies;
then speed the stardust on its flight
to change dread darkness into light, cold chaos into ecstasy!

johnthebowman

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2010, 01:37:10 am »
Well I have just rejoined after being a member of GZ1.
I have always had a passing interest in astronomy. I have looked at telescopes in shops and wondered about buying one. The reason I didn't or have not yet bought one is because I have many other hobbies and I can't do them all at once. Also me thought (perhaps incorrectly) could I discover or contribute to science with a cheap telescope and what would I realy see through it.
I have a good friend who used to design satalites for a living. He told me about GM1.
I did a thousand Galaxys and then drifted away but whow what a site  :)  Suddenly I could use the biggest and best telescopes and contribute to science all for free.
Last night Professor Brian Cox's programme made me look at GZ again.
Lovely to see how much the site has grown with all the forums that I'm just begining to explore. I like intelegent conversation and there seems plenty of that here and with nice people too. (even though I can't spell intelegent! ;D) A Zootie's post reminded me of the fact that the Sky At Night was on and I have always watched that when the opotunity comes. The site later took me to a link with a great programme about Sir Patrick Moore which just made me like the man more (pardon the pun ;D)
I will be making a point these next few days of telling any friends I know that might be into astronomy about G.Z.

echo-lily-mai

• OotD posters
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2010, 07:49:41 pm »
That's a lovely post johnthebowman  :)
Welcome back to a bigger Zoo.

Art does not reproduce the visible....  Paul Klee